Archive for March, 2012
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 tuna steaks
* 1 fresh mango – peeled, pitted, and chopped
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
* 1/2 Spanish onion, finely chopped
* 1 green onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons paprika
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and garlic in a bowl. Rub the tuna steaks with the mixture. Place the steaks in a sealable container and chill in refrigerator 3 hours.
2. Combine the mango, bell pepper, Spanish onion, green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl stir. Add the lime juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and toss to combine. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
3. Stir together the paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl. Remove the tuna steaks from the refrigerator and gently rinse with water and then dip each side of each steak in the spice mixture to coat.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Gently lay the tuna steaks into the hot oil. Cook the tuna on one side for 3 minutes remove to a plate. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into the skillet and let it get hot. Lay the tuna with the uncooked side down into the skillet and cook another 3 minutes remove from heat immediately.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mango salsa onto each of 4 plates. Lay the tuna steaks atop the salsa and serve immediately.
- Recipe – Blackened Mahi Mahi (myjourneythroughthickandthin.wordpress.com)
- Baked Mahi Mahi w/ Brown Whole Grain Rice, Green Beans, Diced Mango, and… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Mahi Mahi Stuffed with Shrimp (healthypassions.wordpress.com)
- Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos with Coleslaw and Red Beans (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Grilled Mahi and Potatoes in Foil (shecancooktoo.wordpress.com)
- Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna (potsandplots.wordpress.com)
- Low Fat Italian-Rubbed Tuna Recipe (calefitness.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Curried Tuna Salad (spoonfeast.com)
- Tuna Steak (luckymom2009.wordpress.com)
Makes 4 Servings
* 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
* salt and pepper to taste
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 3 cloves garlic, pressed
* 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1 cup white wine
1. Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
2. Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.
3. Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.
- Baked Cheddar Jack & Bacon Coated Tilapia w/ Grilled Asparagus, Sliced New Potatoes… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Blackened Cajun Tilapia (shecooksandheeats.wordpress.com)
- Tilapia with Mushrooms and Sauce (laurakatrin.wordpress.com)
- almond-crusted tilapia (foodiejoanie.wordpress.com)
- Baked Tilapia w/ Whole Grain Rotni & Cheese and Whole Grain Bread (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Tilapia Stuffed with Ham, Spinach & Mango Curry Shrimp (jsprat.wordpress.com)
- Baked Tilapia w/ Roasted Asparagus, Hash Browns, and… (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- “Tilapia” with Flaked Coconut Mint Chive and Jalapenos! (plantbaseddietadventures.com)
- Macadamia Nut Tilapia (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Tilapia with Sauteed Fennel and Onions. (ediblehealth.wordpress.com)
- Fast Fixes: Greek-Style Tilapia (thedailymuse.com)
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
* dash of pepper
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup half-and-half
* 1 can (16 ounces) salmon, undrained
* 2 egg yolks
* 1 tablespoon dry sherry
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* rice, toast, split biscuits, or patty shells
In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Stir in seasonings and gradually add milk and cream. Continue cooking and stirring until thickened stir in salmon liquid.
Stir about 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into the lightly beaten egg yolks, stirring quickly. Return liquid with egg yolks to the sauce mixture in the saucepan. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. Stir in sherry, Parmesan cheese, and flaked salmon. Heat and serve over rice, toast, biscuits, or in patty shells.
- Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon & Spinach in South Beach with Julia Child’s Hollandaise Sauce (cookingwithsherlockspice.wordpress.com)
- Salmon and spinach koulibiac..and feeling salmoned out! (myfrenchkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Salad (thegourmandmom.com)
- Smoked Salmon Potato Salad (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Grilled salmon with lemon mint butter (livindolcevita.wordpress.com)
- Salmon in Sorrel Sauce (kokolikes.com)
- Honey Grilled Salmon (themagnoliacafe.wordpress.com)
- Baked Salmon with Herbed Red Pepper Sauce (fox4kc.com)
- Honey-Soy Broiled Salmon (totalbodyclient.com)
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 dash hot pepper sauce
* 2 pounds skinless halibut fillets
1. Preheat the oven broiler. Grease a baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
3. Arrange the halibut fillets in the prepared baking dish.
4. Broil halibut fillets 8 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Recipe for Baked Halibut with Sour Cream, Parmesan, and Dill Topping (kalynskitchen.com)
- white fish with rice wine sauce (foodiejoanie.wordpress.com)
- Baked Halibut with Quinoa (ediblehealth.wordpress.com)
- Parmesan-Crusted Fish with Creamy Dill Sauce (whatsyourdiet.wordpress.com)
- Learn to Cook: Broiled Fish (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Recipe for Baked White Fish with Pine Nut, Parmesan, and Basil Pesto Crust (kalynskitchen.com)
- Moqueca, a taste of Brazil (brittonandreini.wordpress.com)